We spend a lot of time looking after the people in our lives, and sometimes forget to care for ourselves. At the Mind Body Soul Experience, we’re here to remind you that you can’t pour from an empty cup – it’s time to focus on some self-care.
1) Find ways to sit back and relax, by having a massage or listening to soothing music. This can all be done in the Therapy and Experience Zone.
2) Look for new things to do and find something different to enjoy – come along and discover new experiences, such as; Bellydance for meditation, Nurturing Your Soul Path, how to tune into angels and how to make delicious and simple plant-based snacks.
3) Looking after your soul by eating healthily is a key way to care for yourself. Learn to cook a range of healthy, vegan foods in our Food For The Soul Kitchen.
4) Get enough sleep. There are so many benefits to a restful night’s sleep offers – to start, it helps you to think more clearly, reduces stress and helps you to maintain a healthy weight.
5) Keep a journal – write down your thoughts and worries, and anything else that comes to mind.
6) Read a book about your favourite hobby or genre. Reading has many benefits – developing critical thinking skills, improving focus and concentration, it brings better writing skills and helps alleviate stress, plus so much more.
7) Make your weekend about you! Do what you want to do, and not what others would have you spending precious time on.
8) Schedule time for yourself – we all tend to pack out our calendars with meetings, conference calls and deadlines, but make sure you schedule in some me-time.
9) Try meditation – this will help balance your mind for the busy day ahead. Learn to meditate with us at the Mind Body Soul Experience throughout the weekend, and take these skills home with you.
10) Finally, remind yourself that you are fabulous and amazing. Don’t let jobs and deadlines get you down – always remind yourself how great you truly are!